- Ground up diversity trend - The name itself hints that there is something that sounds above the ground or else unusual. Yes, to be true as, Sir Kin Robinson campaigns of ground up diversity gives a different turn to the education by talking, advising, writing and teaching the concept. The concept believes that the world is different from either side of the table and so is the sulk of learning. The student usually learns faster by talking, discussing, writing and teaching in turn to each other. Thus, learning with fun remains constant through the entire session.
- Underground education trend – Opps! Don’t think that we are going somewhere underground to accomplish this…Hahahaha…that sounds too funny. But on a serious note, it means to dig out that which roots you. Or else say to experience the real world around which actually one has to face. Thus, students are brought into live and practical situations, as books can teach them to face the real-life situations.
- E-learning and MOOCs – E-learning and massive open online courses (MOOCs) has materialized the learning concept online basically for those students who are willing to learn, but are unable to do so. Some students may lag behind because of lack of resources, money or background, yet e-learning concept has widened their base and that too without any cost.
- Technology-based learning – With its boom in the 21st century, technology-based learning is popular round the globe. Technology has not only connected the world, but has also given them a widespread platform to explore, innovate and share their thoughts. This in turn influences open learning concept without any bar.
- Expeditionary learning – Learning something more and even more, to expedite the talent is a tough yet necessary learning trend. It helps students in focus learning and undertakes to learn in a better and deepens form.
Learning is beyond the limit, in fact where it’s limited, it stops. Either the forms or the trends both should go on…..and that too in a more indulging and involving way in every adding step. However, two things should remain common no matter whatever the educational drift is- First, is to impart learning and second are to keep the learning spark alive by making it a fun learning. Thus, below mentioned are such 5 modern educational trends that accomplish the two needs as required –
As in case of all walks of life, higher education is also undergoing changes and reinvent itself to meet up with the changes caused by digitization. The use of applications such as Go Class, iPad and Broadcast in classrooms has become quite common these days. Therefore, many educational institutions have adapted with blended learning in order to meet up with changes in the field of education.
So what is blended learning? Blended learning is different from face to face teaching and isn’t as seamless as it may appear. In order to make blended learning possible, there is a need to bring about a change in time-tested methods of learning. In the age of the internet, people are changing. The time and costs associated with mode of learning are changing. You need to open upon with your research skills for students and is highly interactive by nature.
Students who opt for this mode of learning and will have access to study material across the world. Blended learning supports face to face teaching as well as a learning method. It offers students the autonomy in order to grasp knowledge with precision. It also propagates computer literacy among the students who opt for this mode of learning. Here are some of the major reasons why blended learning is suitable for modern students: -
This is a model of blended learning which involves active participation in online as well as offline learning. A specific time period is needed in order to complete a wide range of tasks which are assigned to a specific type of students. The reason why it is called rotational model is that the groups rotate across the tasks in a timely manner and each group takes in their own tasks.
A highly flexible model
This is a highly classified mode for learning which students can acquire in the campus of an institution. Academic concepts and teachings are delivered to students via iPad or any tool irrespective of time limit. But individual tutoring can also be offered by a teacher if it is necessary.
Enriched virtual model
Under this model there is no pressure on students to visit an institution in order to study. Virtual teachings are offered through broadcast, webinar or any other mode for interacting with the teacher. These days, institutions and universities come up with their own applications for the convenience of people.
Kevin is an enthusiastic writer who
writes and shares interesting blogs. So stay tuned to the blog and
learn with Kevin.