- Multimedia usage in classroom helps educators in engaging the students
- It also helps to educators with valuable learning opportunities
- Multimedia gives a high recall value to remember a picture than a paragraph, an animated video of a concept worth more of a lecture and a video demonstration of any specific process (or an instrument) than a scientific narration.
- There is no doubt educators consider multimedia as a great tool to improve student learning.
- Multimedia empowers students to create and design rather than absorb representations created by others.
- It improves reflective thinking.
- It also provides students with suitable learning resources according to their learning styles and abilities.
- Most of the educators and administrators are adopting latest educational technologies in order to reach the 21st century learning standards. Of all those tech approaches, usage of multimedia is one of the great tools to engage students. Let’s hear what educators suggest about new ways of using multimedia in classroom.
Personalized learning using multimedia resources:
Multimedia resources also help different learners in meeting their learning needs. As different students have different learning styles, educators can provide them with suitable learning resources easily using multimedia. Educators frequently use YouTube to provide visual learners with online videos, podcasts for auditory learners and interactive games for tactile learners.
There are different multimedia tools like blogs, social networks and wikis that enable students to work together in learning a particular concept. Students should use these to share their works with others, giving feedbacks on others’ works.